Postion: Full-time Location: Chesterfield, MO
The Twin Piston Pilot prepares and executes image and data acquisition flights with accuracy and efficiency in a Cessna 335 or Cessna 414. The Pilot is expected to adhere to daily schedules and project requirements as determined by the Chief Pilot and in collaboration with the Flight Acquisition Manager.
Reports to: Chief Pilot
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure aircraft is airworthy and airspace permissions are obtained
- Coordinate mission details including flight plans and project specifications with Sensor Operator
- Monitor weather and coordinate with Flight Acquisition team to ensure opportunities are not missed
- Precisely fly grid patterns while maintaining situational awareness of aircraft and airspace
- Report aircraft discrepancies and mechanical issues to Director of Maintenance and Chief Pilot
- Assist with maintenance and cleaning of aircraft and hangar as needed
- Execute day or night photo/data acquisition with maximum efficiency
- Prepare and submit reports (pilot logs, expense reports, timecards, etc.) in accurately and timely
- Commercial Pilot certificate with Multi-Engine, Instrument Rating and 2nd class medical
- 500+ hours Total Time preferred and 20+ hours multi-engine preferred
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record for insurability on Surdex policy
- Current U.S. Passport or ability to obtain one
- Able and willing to deploy to remote locations on a two week on and one week off schedule
- Work with Sensor Operators, Flight Acquisition and Operations regarding weather and project needs
- Preferred residence in the metro St. Louis area
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds of equipment and supplies
- Ability to climb into aircraft and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to pass DOT pre-employment, random and post-accident drug tests
Internal Candidate Application Process:
- Complete the Internal Application (on Sharepoint) and submit to hiring manger and HR.
- Submit a resume that includes prior positions and Surdex experience.
- Candidate must have a record of good performance and be recommended by current manager.
- All internal candidates will be interviewed for the position and the best qualified person will be hired. External candidates will be considered as well.
- If tuition or training costs are required to qualify for the position, a Commitment Note may be required.